Hotel Ibis, Swanston Street, Melbourne


Price

It's mid range as the hotel is rated 3 star. There is a variation in price depending if you're staying during the weekend or week day.

Location

The Swanston Street location in Carlton was convenient as I was in Melbourne for a conference being held at the University of Melbourne which was a 5 minute walk away. Swanston Street has trams running down it and there's a stop 2 minutes from the hotel, so easy access to the city centre and beyond. The Lygon Street restaurant area is close by as well.

Facilities

It's what I would call a basic 'business' hotel, functional, comfortable but no frills. As soon as I walked into the room it reminded me of the Bloc Hotel at Gatwick airport, new, small window, wall mounted TV opposite bed, compact bathroom. There was free wifi in the room.


Having no wardrobe, just exposed hangers, very much made me think of the Bloc Hotel!




The room did contain a room safe which was under the bed. I didn't discover it until I was leaving and was making sure I hadn't left anything behind!






Optional Extras

There was no restaurant at the hotel, but attached to the hotel there was a cafe where you could get breakfast (and lunch if you wanted).


The staff were helpful and efficient, the location convenient, it all made for a positive stay at the hotel.

Comments