Best of….s

2015 Best of…..s

I thought I would continue with the end of year retrospective before beginning a new year. So here's my best ofs. In no particular order, just as I thought of them. I've also been organised enough to add the link to the original blog post in which I wrote about each one!




Best hotel breakfast
Easily the one at the VOI Oriente Hotel in Bari, it was included in the price of the accommodation and there was so much variety. 


Best beach
 I'm just going to focus on the European ones (I might be somewhat biased but the all Australian beaches are fabulous!) Šunj Beach on Lopud Island was just fantastic, well worth the 2km walk to get there! It was sandy, peaceful, had sun lounges with a nearby bar and toilets! (Important in an isolated beach!) And the water was warm with pretty scenery all around.


Best church
I visited a few different churches but the one that I really liked was Saint Ignatius Church in Dubrovnik. Italianite with frescos very beautiful inside.



The altar area.
Best Hotel location
This was a difficult pick as so many of the locations of the hotels I chose this year were great. I've gone with the Mandala Suites in Berlin. It's an apartment hotel, right on Frederikstrasse, 5 minutes walk from Checkpoint Charlie, 10 minutes from the Brandenburg Gate and the Reichstag. Just a fantastic location with coffee shops and even a supermarket close by. To go further afield there's a subway station stop 2 minutes away. Just an all round great location.

It has a very discreet entrance as the building is shared with offices.


Best bit of pageantry
The British do pageantry so well, Trooping of the Colour, well just the parade of the troops and the royals going down to Horseguards parade ground. Definitely worth seeing if in London the second Sunday of June.



Best photography (on my part!)
I got some really clear pictures of Mt. Fuji! It's quite a feat as I took them from a fast moving train, from the Shinkansen (the bullet train) and there are buildings, barriers and signage in the way. I clicked away and managed 3 really good pictures. (Well one has 2 chimneys in it, but you can see the enormous size of Mt. Fuji when compared with the surrounding area.)



Best view
 You really can't beat an iconic view and the best one I saw was Sydney Harbour with the Opera House and the Bridge in the background.




Comments