Bloc Hotel, Gatwick Airport

Bloc Hotel, Gatwick Airport a review

Super convenient location

Price

I booked this hotel through Booking.com and it was quite cheap, the room I booked had no window. (Reason why it was so cheap!) I was then offered an upgrade to a room with a window which I took as I thought I was more likely to sleep through alarms if there was no natural light!

Location

I chose to stay at this hotel purely for its location. I had a 7am flight from Gatwick and was delighted to see that the airport had an internal hotel in the South Terminal (which is where my flight left from and was a short walk from the car rental returns, as I was dropping off a car) Once in the terminal the hotel is easy to find as there as signs to the registration counter.



Facilities

The room is what you would expect for a transit hotel. Compact with TV, alarm, wifi and a small bathroom or more of a wet room with shower. With the hotel being in the terminal you had access to all the various shops and places to eat. My electrical adapter didn't work in the room sockets so I had to borrow one from the front desk. I paid a deposit and then had it refunded when I returned the adapter. Everything was really new and streamlined so it made for a brief but pleasant stay of less than 12 hours.





Extras

Nothing really but I can highly recommend staying at this hotel if you have an early flight, it was incredibly convenient just to go downstairs to checkin for the flight. A late arrival into Gatwick would also be another reason to stay at this hotel, rather than trying to navigate your way either to central London or another destination late at night.


Comments