Royal Plaza on Scotts, Singapore

A new hotel (to me!)

A one night stopover in Singapore on my way to London and have chosen the Royal Plaza on Scotts Hotel to stay in for the night. My first time at this hotel.





Price

Singapore has become quite pricey when it comes to hotel stopovers, but this was in my price range, although I didn't take them up on the offer of paying $40 Singapore dollars for an upgrade for a more the deluxe version of the room. I stuck to the standard version! I also discovered that the South East Asia games are on at the moment in Singapore and that probably contributed to higher hotel prices as well!

Location

I chose this hotel mainly for its location. It's on Scotts Road, around the corner from Orchard Road. I was arriving in Singapore at 3pm and leaving the next morning so wanted an hotel located in a familiar area, where there was lots going on. It's literally 2 minutes from Orchard Road and also the MRT station if you wanted to  venture out to other areas of Singapore. For the few hours I had, this location was perfect.

Facilities

Considering it was a standard room, it was a generous sized one, positively palatial after the compact Japanese hotel rooms I stayed in! The bed was huge, it's listed as a 'king sized bed'.




The room came with a coffee afficionado's necessities!


The bathroom had the largest shower head I've seen!



There's free wifi in the room, the whole hotel is non-smoking and it has a pool.

Recommendation?

I would stay at this hotel again, its biggest selling point is its location for anyone on a very limited amount of time in Singapore.

Comments